by Kevin Strom, WB4AIO
THE LIBERTY NET is a profoundly optimistic intellectual phenomenon. It represents true free speech, the best part of the spirit of amateur radio, and “social networking” that preceded the invention of that phrase — and social networking can bring down oligarchs, and erase bad laws and bad government, in an historical blink of an eye. Check in this week and share your uncensored thoughts!Listen: Liberty Net 7/9
Here’s a brief selection of some of the topics debated this time on amateur radio’s historic Liberty Net:
• As America’s bankruptcy looms, why are the criminals in Washington talking about cutting pensions and necessary services by billions, but are not discussing cutting foreign aid by so much as a dime? (13 minutes)
• When so-called conservatives pitched a fit over Obama’s signing of the renewed “USA Patriot Act” with an auto-pen — but made no objection to the Act itself — it was a clear sign that conservatism is dead, dead, dead. (24 minutes)
• Ron Paul has recently issued a proposal to simply and legally cancel all the ruinous debt created by the bankers and their creature, the Federal Reserve. (36 minutes)
• Considering all the gigantic law libraries in this sad country, each with huge rooms, crowded with shelves and with the shelves stuffed full of books, each of which contains hundreds or thousands of pages of tiny type, I ask you: Is it possible in one hundred lifetimes to even read all of the laws we are supposed to obey? (1 hour 30 minutes)
• Anyone want to bet that even one dollar will be cut from the Washington regime’s bloated military budget? Or that, if a cut is seriously proposed, a “terrorist incident” won’t suddenly arise to frighten the boobs into nixing the proposal? (1 hour 50 minutes)
• The last US space shuttle has just been launched. Third World countries don’t have space programs. (1 hour 54 minutes)
• Reclassifying troops as “support personnel” and hiring mercenary killers does not constitute a withdrawal. (1 hour 59 minutes)
• When you have an entire economy based on promises to pay, undergirded only by ever-deeper layers of such promises, what happens when those promises cannot possibly be fulfilled? (2 hours 4 minutes)
Thanks to Marty, N2IRJ, you’re able to listen to the Liberty Net right now on your computer here at https://3950.net/ — or download the file and listen on your portable mp3 player. And N2SAG operates a live feed and chat during Net times that lets you make an end run around jammers and a fickle ionosphere.
Join in or listen to the most exciting net on the amateur bands every Saturday night starting at 10PM Eastern Time.
Our thanks go to W1WCR for his hard work and courage in keeping this very important part of the amateur radio service alive since 1974!Listen: Liberty Net 7/9