Rest in Peace, Azzo (14 December, 2014 – 30 August, 2023), a sweet and loving soul who was always good and loyal, and who never complained despite the cards that Destiny dealt him.
Rest In Peace, Fred KA2YLZ
I was just told that on Tuesday, 6 December 2022, my good friend and great friend of the Liberty Net, Frederick K. Stark, KA2YLZ, of West Taghkanic, New York, died of a heart attack at his home. I can hardly believe that he is gone. I had just spoken to him the day before. I became worried when he didn’t show up for his pre-Liberty Net concert program on the 10th, and tried calling him both Sunday and today, eventually reaching his nephew and getting the sad news tonight. Fred was 69 years old.Continue Reading →
by Kevin Strom, WB4AIO (Liberty Net participant since the late 1970s)
IT IS strangely appropriate and yet profoundly sick, this latest gyration from N2IRJ, who claims to be the “manager” of the net on 3995: On their recently-established Web site, as of last week, they have a large logo with a Morse code message proclaiming “Happy Hanukkah,” and, as if one act of betrayal wasn’t enough, two additional prominent “Happy Hanukkah” graphics greet the viewer on their main Web page. Well, at least we know what side they’re on!Continue Reading →
The Liberty Net and Health: A Conversation with W1WCR”]
Liberty Net June 19 Tribute to W1WCR, SK”]
An Interview with W1WCR”]
W1WCR QSO with KB2DMD”]
W1WCR on the Informal Liberty Net (with brief unid jamming by KG4ZXC)”]
3950.net stream announcement re W1WCR, SK”]
W1WCR clip collection”]
The co-founder of the Liberty Net in 1974, the regular Net Control Station for the Liberty Net for 45 years, and a great fighter for freedom of speech on the amateur airwaves, Victor Misek, PE, of Hudson, New Hampshire, died on Saturday, 12 June 2021, shortly after receiving the COVID vaccine. He had been suffering from sarcopenia for the last two years. He was a staunch believer in advanced life extension protocols and lived a full and profoundly productive life for almost 92 years. He first QSOed with Kevin, WB4AIO on the Liberty Net in 1978, and worked closely with Kevin (recording the Net, documenting jammer activity, doing interviews, and other projects) from 1987 until his final days, doing his last on-air interview/QSO with Kevin in 2021.
Victor was a lifelong supporter of racial-nationalism and a staunch opponent of the conversion of America into a non-White country. He was also an opponent of the Israeli and other Middle Eastern meddling in American politics, and the foreign wars that resulted. His motto, which he promoted extensively on the Liberty Net, was “Get America out of the Middle East, and get the Middle East out of America.”
When certain malicious operators and government thugs tried to smear WB4AIO, Vic responded with an open letter including the following statement:
I am Victor Misek, a retired professional engineer in the state of New Hampshire and holder of Amateur Extra radio license W1WCR. I am the author of the Beverage Antenna Handbook (copyright 1977, 1987 and 1997, first second and third editions) and have been registered as a professional engineer in Ohio and New Hampshire. My inventions appear in 19 US Patents. For many years I held a Top Secret clearance granted by the FBI because of my work on Electronic Countermeasure Systems. My ECM work was done at Sanders Associates, Inc. starting in 1955.
I have known Kevin Alfred Strom, WB4AIO, since 1987, and have interacted with him both on and off the air innumerable times since then. He, his fiancée, and his children have been guests in my home.
He has provided technical and other support for a amateur radio net, the Liberty Net, of which I am the Net Control Station, for many years, setting up a Web page, news blog, interactive chat room, phone patch system, and online streaming services for the net, which allowed amateur radio operators who were hospitalized or disabled or otherwise prevented from normal on-air participation to hear, enjoy, and take part in the Net. He has been unrelenting in helping other amateur radio operators use these facilities, not only with no personal remuneration but at evidently quite substantial cost to him both in time and money. He has also served as volunteer NCS for the Net and other nets when the regular NCS was unavailable.
He has also, without compensation of any kind, helped me by recovering the composition files of the book I authored, The Beverage Antenna Handbook, from an obsolete computer file system and converting them to modern PDF files, so that the book will continue to be available to future generations.
In all of my dealings and associations with Mr. Strom over a period of 30 years, both on and off the air, he has shown himself to be a man of utmost integrity and truthfulness.
When Marty, N2IRJ, began a dishonorable campaign to ban WB4AIO from the Liberty Net, Vic strongly disapproved of and opposed Marty’s banning efforts and behind-the-scenes slander campaign, saying in a 17 May 2020 email posted to KA2PTE’s Liberty Net email discussion list:
“There are evil people out to smear Kevin. Fake News isn’t just about Trump. Ban the Kevin-haters if you want to test your banning skills…. V.”
And that just about says all that needs to be said on that topic!
In his early years at Case Western Reserve University, Vic worked his way through school as a broadcast engineer at 50,000-Watt clear channel AM station WGAR in Cleveland, Ohio. Victor was a PhD-level engineer, and held patents for 19 inventions granted from the mid-1970s to the early 2000s. He was also the author of the ground-breaking Beverage Antenna Handbook for radio amateurs and corresponded with Harold Beverage himself in relation to his research.
He always had a commanding signal on 160 and 75 meters — a real asset for a Net Control Station. He used homebrew large-conductor (8 ga.) 1000-ohm open wire line and a homebrew tuner, feeding a 165-foot doublet at approximately 90 to 100 feet above sloping ground, under which he had constructed an extensive copper ground screen to reduce earth losses. The result was a continent-spanning signal with a high signal-to-noise ratio.
Victor was not only a near-genius, but he was a truly kind man, and welcomed me and my wife and family into his home on numerous occasions.
Ave Victor, you will never be forgotten!
QRZ.COM has banned and censored many people for their political views (for years, KV4FZ was one and there have been lots more, including me) and in my opinion for that reason shouldn’t be supported by amateur radio operators. Sometimes they even lock an operator’s page so he can’t update his information, causing readers to get outdated information. This is intentional, downright malicious — and petty.
So, if you want to look up WB4AIO on QRZ.com, instead look him up on the much better QRZCQ.com. Check it out, and while you’re there, register and make them your new replacement for QRZ.com.
They even help shortwave listeners (SWLs) interact with amateur operators, allowing SWLs to register their own custom SWL callsigns and create a page on the QRZ lookup database, so others can find out more about their listening stations.
The folks there have so many features on their site that I haven’t even explored them all yet. QRZ.com deserves to be abandoned; let’s all register and switch to QRZCQ today!
by Kevin Strom, WB4AIO
BECAUSE OF problems beyond my control, we are missing three recordings of the Liberty Net from our archive. If any of our listeners and readers have recordings of the Liberty Net and Midweek Liberty Net from the net sessions of 8 August, 11 August, or 15 August of 2018, we would very much appreciate receiving a copy so that they can be added to our archive.
ON DECEMBER 25 and JANUARY 1, there was no Survival Net due to the holidays, but the Liberty Net was on the air on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. (Thanks to Marty, N2IRJ for taking over for Vic, W1WCR for most of the net on the 24th.) This article will discuss the New Year’s Eve edition of the net.
I am sorry that these Liberty Net articles have become somewhat irregular — but for the time being other vital projects have taken priority. Almost all of my current work can be seen at http://nationalvanguard.org/ where not only can you listen to my latest radio show, but you can also get an excellent selection of important news and comment every single day.
Listen: Liberty Net 12/31″]
Here’s a short selection of some of the interesting ideas discussed on the Liberty Net this week, along with my commentary:
• The really interesting thing about the layered PDF “Hawaiian birth certificate” issued in Fetchit’s name is not that it is easily de-layered even by the simplest software (such as Google Chrome), nor that a real birth certificate scan wouldn’t be layered at all — it’s that the forger failed to flatten the document before releasing it, and no one in the loop caught the error. It’s almost as if the forger wanted his work to be discovered, and that the whole retinue around Fetchit concurred, or were totally incompetent. (32 minutes)
• The neocon warmongers like John Bolton, John McCain, and Lindsey Graham — who work 100 per cent. for Israeli interests and not at all for American interests — are doing their best to continue their disastrous pro-war agenda under the new Trump administration. They want regime change in Iran and Russia (or, failing that, war) and in any country not fully controlled by the bankers. (46 minutes)
SORRY FOR the lateness of this article, but my work schedule here at AIO Laboratories has been intense. Some of the things I was working on were a whole new Content Management System for http://nationalvanguard.org/ — new discussion room software for https://3950.net/ — and a lot more too.
Listen: Liberty Net 11/12″]
Here are a few of the ideas brought forth on the net this week, along with my take on them:
• When the 75 meter band “goes long,” which happens quite a bit as Winter approaches, we lose the ability to receive stations closer to us than several hundred miles. That is, we lose them if they aren’t exceptional stations. Those with exceptional station facilities — with highly-efficient, full-size antennas and a kilowatt or more — can often be heard on backscatter even when normal ionospheric refraction is shut down. (8 minutes)
• Now that a Muslim convert has been proposed as the new head of the disgraced Democratic National Committee, he is being supported by two Jews — Charles Schumer and Bernie Sanders. Who could have predicted that? My nomination: Mitt Romney. (33 minutes)
AS ELECTION night nears, it’s easy for decent people to put a lot of faith in Donald Trump. After all, he’s a nationalist and apparently reluctant to engage in war, and his opponent is a globalist warmonger whom the Jewish neocon murderers have embraced. But don’t forget that even if Trump is his own man, despite his Jewish family connections, he himself is an avowed Israel-supporter and his nationalism is not racial nationalism, only a very weak, diluted civic nationalism. A Trump presidency will not change any basic societal assumptions or structures, nor will it break the power of our domestic enemies (though you’d think it would by the volume of their squawking and wailing). What I’m trying to say is that resistance communities, like the National Alliance and the Liberty Net, will continue to be as necessary as ever as we go forward over the next four years.
Listen: Liberty Net 10/15″]
Here are a few of the topics brought up on the net this week, along with my remarks:
• It’s good to know that more and more AM stations are dumping the unworkable, poor quality digital interference generator called “IBOC” and opening up the band to the better reception that standard AM offers every listener. There’s nothing wrong with digital radio, of course, but IBOC was just a creation of the (((billionaire media owners))) to prevent the emergence of a dedicated digital band and the even playing field for smaller broadcasters it would have created. (20 minutes)
• Some of the longest-term mysterious shortwave signals are the slightly-wobbly sweeping carriers that appear and disappear seemingly randomly on the shortwave spectrum. Here in the eastern US, I have been hearing these on the lower HF bands, most notably 75 and 40 meters, since the early 1970s. When I lived in the Washington, DC area, they could be heard even at high noon on 75 meters — but here in western Pennsylvania they are an evening and nighttime phenomenon only. (42 minutes)
IT LOOKS like the solar storm has abated at almost the same moment that a terrestrial storm is hitting the Carolinas very hard. Always be aware that emergency transmissions have priority — so be listening for them and stand by, or help if you can, when they appear. It’s also a good time to consider hardening your shack and antenna installations so that they can continue to function even under severe weather conditions.
Listen: Liberty Net 10/1″]
Here are a few of the issues mentioned on the net this week, along with my take on them:
• Since the horrible billionaire-written turkey called Obamacare was launched, no fewer than 17 insurance co-ops have failed, and the state “exchanges” are all in trouble too, if we can believe their own words. (16 minutes)
• All of North America is being flooded with an unprecedented flood of non-White invaders, many of them Muslim. But the impetus for this has nothing to do with religion: The corporate kleptocrats want more cheap labor from whatever source, and the super-rich Jews want to exterminate the White race. (33 minutes)