by Kevin Strom, WB4AIO
THE CONTINUING ANNOYANCE of DRM transmissions from the BBC means that the weekly Saturday night Liberty Net is meeting a little higher up the band than usual, this week on 3969 kHz. But participants are getting used to the change, since check-ins were numerous despite ionospheric disturbances that made close-in stations fade at times.Listen: 11/27 Liberty Net
Here’s an abbreviated list of the issues debated and discussed this time on amateur radio’s most venerable discussion net:
• A Spanish woman has now officially registered the Sun as her personal property. She claims that the international law which prohibits ownership of our home star by any government does not apply to individuals, and she will soon be charging all “Sun users” a fee, of which she will generously keep only 10 per cent. (1 hour 6 minutes)
• Now that the regime in Washington has arrogated to itself the “right” to shut down Web sites based on supposed copyright violations, has a precedent been established that will allow the regime to also shut down sites based on ideological content? (1 hour 25 minutes)
• There is a deep divide in the United States between the producers and the parasites — and the one fact that cannot be evaded is that the parasites need the producers, but the producers do not need the parasites. (1 hour 39 minutes)
• In Florida, the first-ever “transgendered” trial judge has been appointed in the Miami-Dade area. Actually, there is no such thing as “transgender” or “sex change” operations: A person’s sex is encoded in the DNA of every single cell of his body and no operation, known or even imaginable, can ever change that. (1 hour 57 minutes)
• Obama is pushing hard for the so-called “Dream Act,” which would not only give all illegal immigrant applicants money for college tuition (which White Americans can’t get) and grant them amnesty and protection from deportation, but would also make them immune from prosecution for the many other crimes they may have committed. (2 hours 2 minutes)
• Why is the J.P. Morgan Chase bank engaging in naked short selling of silver? Since they are selling something they do not have — in order to drive the price down and make a quick profit — are they engaging in fraud? Can viral communications (such as email, blogs, and the Liberty Net itself) spark an investor revolt and thwart Chase’s plans? (2 hours 27 minutes)
• It’s fascinating to watch Glenn Beck exhort his followers to sell their valuables on an auction site (from which he gets a cut) and use the proceeds to buy gold (from which he also gets a cut). We should remember that gold is an asset that may be banned and seized by the regime in Washington, which has a history of doing exactly that. (4 hours 30 minutes)
Thanks to Marty, N2IRJ, you’re able to listen to the Liberty Net right now on your computer here at https://3950.net/ — or download the file and listen on your portable mp3 player. And N2SAG operates a live feed and chat during Net times that lets you make an end run around jammers and a fickle ionosphere.
Join in or listen to the most exciting net on the amateur bands every Saturday night starting at 10PM Eastern Time.
Our thanks go to W1WCR for his hard work and courage in keeping an important part of the amateur radio service alive since 1974!Listen: 11/27 Liberty Net