THE LIBERTY NET began in 1974 as a forum for the free discussion of important ideas for the future of our civilization — ideas that, even then, were subject to censorship by the self-appointed “gatekeepers” of the corporate media.
For 37 years, it’s provided a voice for amateur radio operators who weren’t afraid to exercise their inherent rights of free speech and free thought.Listen: Liberty Net 7/23
Here are a few of my notes from the most recent session of this amazing net:
• Since the politicians and bankers have utterly bled their victims (that’s us) dry with their “debt” scam, there is now only one alternative open to all parties: default. But on what terms? The only just terms would be these: The politicians get lost and the bankers get arrested. (11 minutes)
• Statistics (and our eyes) show us that the underclass in this country is increasingly obese. Why should the rest of us subsidize that? (29 minutes)
• When we finally get to the point that every dollar we earn must be taxed away from us just to pay interest to the bankers, we will finally have reached the Communist ideal in which everything is owned by the Overlords, who might just graciously allow us a few crumbs of bread to eat, if we are especially good workers. (39 minutes)
• Why is Rupert Murdoch involved in bankrolling an effort to alter US anti-bribery laws? (1 hour 40 minutes)
• Is it time to break up the major TV network cartels and go to locally owned and controlled stations? (1 hour 50 minutes)
• Why is there more pharmaceutical freedom in Mexico, of all places, than in the US? And why is there so much drug-pushing on US television? And why are the pushed drugs — which have so many side effects that almost as many ads are devoted to class action lawsuits against the drug-makers — approved by the FDA, when that same agency outlaws simple herbs and vitamins? (1 hour 54 minutes)
• Was the recent atrocity in Norway a false flag attack? It’s interesting that the alleged attacker expressed support for Israel and Zionism, that Norway has recently been a supporter of a Palestinian state, and that one of the banners carried by the murdered students said “Boycott Israel.” Yet the major media are almost continuously trying to “link” the killer to anti-Israel groups. (2 hours 41 minutes)
• With the rise of privatized prisons, the oligarchs have figured out a nearly perfect way to profit handsomely from the decline of society that they themselves have caused. Private prisons also give the oligarchs’ managerial class a powerful monetary incentive to incarcerate more and more people, many of whom will be political dissidents innocent of any real crime. (3 hours 14 minutes)
Thanks to Marty, N2IRJ, you’re able to listen to these Liberty Net recordings at home, at work, in your car, or while hiking or jogging with your portable mp3 player. And remember N2SAG’s live feed during Net times that lets you hear the Liberty Net via multiple receivers — and chat too.
Remember that all our Internet adjuncts are intended just to enhance the real purpose of the net, which is live and free communication between amateur operators. So please check in to the Liberty Net every Saturday night, usually to be found somewhere in that part of 75 meters above 3950 kHz — we have to be flexible to evade jammers and intruders — starting at 10PM Eastern Time. Once heard, the sound of W1WCR’s distinctive and powerful signal is unmistakable and you’ll have no trouble finding us and checking in.
Kudos and thanks go to Vic, W1WCR, for his decades of hard work for free speech and amateur radio, and to all of you for checking in!Listen: Liberty Net 7/23