by Kevin Strom, WB4AIO
HERE ARE SOME PRINCIPLES that are valid for 75 meter net operation — especially in the static-filled Summer season:
1. Run as much power as you need so that even the farthest and weakest net participant can hear you. Since the Liberty Net is an interactive net, having only the Net Control Station (NCS) hear you is less than optimal.
2. If you use a vertical or inverted L antenna, use a full size quarter-wave element (or longer — 150′ is great length for 75 meters) if at all possible, and use an excellent ground system. Elevated radials work better than radials on the ground.
3. If you use a horizontal antenna, make sure it’s a full half wave long (or longer), even if you have to make the ends hang down vertically for a few feet.
4. Horizontal antennas should be a quarter wave above the ground or more if at all possible. For 75 meters, that’s about 60 feet. (If you can get the feedpoint up to 100 feet, so much the better.) If you must use an inverted vee configuration, get the ends up as high as you can, at least 30 feet.
The last three suggestions will maximize the efficiency of your antenna system, crucial for being heard well on a crowded and noisy band.Listen: Liberty Net 6/14
Here are just a few of the ideas debated and discussed during this session of the Liberty Net:
• What is it about Black “youths” in America that makes them willing to wait in days-long lines for — and spend more than a month’s food budget on — some very ordinary athletic shoes? (7 minutes)
• The mental gyrations that supporters of the wars for Israel have to engage in must be painful: Witness the functionaries of the Zionist oligarchs saying we “have to fight” on the side of Iran (which these same functionaries want to bomb) in order to drive out the ISIS revolutionaries in Iraq — who are themselves associated with the Syrian rebels Washington supports (!) and who are, in addition, associated with al-Qaeda. Confused yet? A better idea: Stop supporting Israel in any way and especially stop fighting her wars for her. (27 minutes)
• Establishment Republicans who oppose the Tea Party have been caught accepting money from uber-oligarch George Soros. (48 minutes)
• Access to energy is what makes us mobile, makes us able to translate our thoughts and dreams into reality, and makes us free. Those who would illegitimately rule us are constantly working to restrict access to energy by any but members of the self-chosen “elite.” (52 minutes)
• Were the Taliban ever an enemy of the American people? Were they an enemy of America at all before the Washington regime began its bombing and invasion of Afghanistan 13 years ago? (59 minutes)
• Is this sudden “invasion of the children” across our southern border a spontaneous event, or some kind of highly-organized and ghoulish staged event? (1 hour 3 minutes)
Remember that you can receive the Liberty Net in the area of 3950 kHz (recently, 3995 has been used often) and above every Saturday night at 10PM Eastern Time, Wednesdays at 10PM — and don’t forget the Survival Net at 10PM on Sundays. Or listen live on the Internet (see the two “Liberty Net Live” links in the left column of this site for two live streaming sites with associated discussion rooms). And you can listen at your leisure via the mp3 files posted here at https://3950.net every week.
Once again, thanks to W1WCR for running this important and historic discussion net — now in its 40th year — and thanks also to N2IRJ for making these recordings available.Listen: Liberty Net 6/14