by Kevin Strom, WB4AIO
THE LIBERTY NET is an oasis of free speech and excitement in a desert of censorship, self-censorship, and boring, controlled blandness. Check in — and check it out — today!Listen: Liberty Net 5/31
Here I’ve made a small selection of some of the ideas brought up and debated this week on the Liberty Net:
• It’s official: 47 per cent. of unemployed Americans have simply given up looking for work. This is good news for the regime, since their phony “unemployment” figures don’t include people who are not actively seeking a job. (10 minutes)
• Two Rochester, New York radio hosts were recently fired because they expressed the opinion that taxpayer money should not be used to pay for so-called “sex change” surgery. (“Sex changes” actually don’t exist, since it’s simply impossible to change the DNA coding that absolutely determines your sex, which is encoded into trillions of cells in your body, which far outnumber the stars in the Milky Way galaxy.) (11 minutes)
• China is building coal power plants at a rate of almost one a day, while the Washington regime is shutting more and more of them down in the US. Pollution may be reduced by some small fraction here as a result, but the average person’s access to energy will plummet as prices skyrocket. Vigorous use of electric power will more and more become the province of the wealthy. (35 minutes)
• In San Francisco, a woman nicknamed “Rat Girl” and her hobby of breeding and releasing rats in her public housing apartment are more or less tolerated by the authorities. They occasionally raid her residence and remove most of the rats, but always leave her a few to keep her from suffering undue “anxiety.” (40 minutes)
• It’s been reported that the Belgian government has been making the unbelievably stupid decision of buying US Treasuries. Is it possible that they are just a front for an entity desperate to 1) make it look like these pieces of paper are worth buying, and 2) engage in more “quantitative easing” through the back door when officially they’re scaling it down? (48 minutes)
• The oligarchs are essentially forcing Mozilla to include “black box” closed-source code in their open-source Firefox browser — all to thwart those who want to “illegally” copy streamed media. Adobe is complicit in this coercive “deal.” (1 hour 18 minutes)
• A traditionalist woman recently had her children illegally seized by so-called “child protective services” and placed with homosexual foster “parents,” as reported by the Common Sense Show. (1 hour 39 minutes)
• Looking at the profit figures from the “big box” retailers, we can be sure that some companies, anyway, are still making money: the ones printing “space available” and “going out of business signs.” (1 hour 49 minutes)
Thanks to Marty, N2IRJ, you’re able to listen to the Liberty Net on your computer — or download the file and listen on your portable mp3 player. And he and Al, N2SAG, operate live feeds and discussion rooms during Net times (see the links in the left column of this page) that let you make an end run around jammers and a fickle ionosphere.
Please check in with your call sign, and add your voice to the most exciting net on the amateur bands — every Saturday night, starting at 10PM Eastern Time, and Wednesday nights at the same time. (And check out the Sunday 10PM Survival Net too.) The frequency varies to avoid causing interference, but is almost always somewhere above 3950 kHz LSB, quite often on 3995 lately.
Our deepest thanks go to W1WCR for his hard work and courage in running the Liberty Net, which is now in its 40th year.Listen: Liberty Net 5/31