by Kevin Strom, WB4AIO
ONE THING TO CONSIDER when checking in to the Liberty Net is the efficiency of your transmitting antenna. Commercial antenna solutions are usually inferior to home made wire antennas on 75 meters, and tall trees are your friend. Full size (even if the ends have to hang down vertically) dipoles and inverted vees, preferably 50 to 80 feet up at the feedpoint, do well, as do full size verticals or inverted Ls with elevated counterpoises or extensive radial systems.
This week we also welcomed Marty, N2IRJ back to the net after a too-long absence!
Listen: Liberty Net 10/8″]
Here are some of the ideas discussed this time on amateur radio’s longest-running and most exciting discussion net:
• Why has the CBS reporter who was the leading journalist covering the “Operation Fast and Furious” scandal suddenly been taken off the air and declared “unavailable” by her network bosses? (23 minutes)
• Why do the old media go out of their way, when describing flash mob attacks by Blacks on Whites, to avoid mentioning race — instead using such weasel words as “teenagers,” “youths,” and the like? (32 minutes)
• America is truly dead and buried: The regime in Washington now has a secret panel empowered to add your name — or anyone’s — to a “kill list” of those to be murdered under color of law. (49 minutes)
• Washington has also given itself permission to use armed killer drone aircraft against us in the skies over America. (50 minutes)
• With all the real problems that exist in this world, it is somewhat psychedelic that a new secret police agency has been created within the wildly misnamed Justice Department called the “Laser Pointer Task Force,” the purpose of which is to arrest and criminalize people who point their handheld laser pointers in the wrong direction. (54 minutes)
• In Chicago, it is now official policy for anyone arrested (even for many felony offenses) to be automatically released if he or she is found to be an illegal immigrant. (1 hour 15 minutes)
• In California a law has been enacted that overturns the referendum against Affirmative Action. Under its Alice-in-Wonderland impossible logic, schools will now be allowed to “consider race” during the admissions process — as long they do not “grant preferences.” (1 hour 33 minutes)
• How can the operator of a “predator drone” accurately identify who he or she is about to murder? How can he or she determine how many innocents are in the targeted house or apartment building? Is there any ethical oversight of this process? Does anyone even care? (1 hour 38 minutes)
The Liberty Net — amateur radio’s longest-running discussion net — is on the air every Saturday night at 10PM Eastern Time on or around 3950 kHz SSB (lately it’s been higher in frequency — as high as 3993, but more often around 3980 or 3965 — to avoid interference). You’ll have to tune around, but it’s not hard to find!
Remember, thanks to N2SAG and N2IRJ and W1WCR, you can listen live — and chat live — via the Web whenever the Liberty Net is on the air (the N2IRJ feed is the default chat feed while N2SAG is temporarily off the air). And, as always, you can download the net right here at https://3950.net and listen at your leisure.
Listen: Liberty Net 10/8″]