by Kevin Strom, WB4AIO
THIS IS the 40th anniversary year of amateur radio’s Liberty Net, the premier free speech and current events discussion net on amateur radio. I’m very pleased to be a part of the net’s ever-increasing circle of authentic sharing and community-building.
Listen: Liberty Net 1/4″]
Here’s a selection of the concepts brought forward on the net this week:
• The loyalty that some people have to professional sports teams is almost unbelievable. It’s as if the loyalty they ought to have to their race and nation has been transferred to a bunch of hired ball chasers. (19 minutes)
• Despite the false arrests and actual murders of members of Greece’s Golden Dawn, the group is standing strong — and recently a Greek bishop gave them full support. For news direct from the source, check out http://xaamerica.podomatic.com/ (44 minutes)
• Think the war in Iraq is over? Think again. Two major cities there are on the verge of being taken over by al-Qaeda. (47 minutes)
• Why do military men who know better keep on obeying the orders of an illegitimate establishment that is using them to fight illegal, murderous wars at the behest of the enemies of America? About time for a super-sized rebellion. (50 minutes)
• One consolation in this darkening age is the increasing incompetence of the regime in Washington: recently the IRS sent 23,000 “refund checks” simultaneously to the same address. (56 minutes)
• The regime in Washington now has a crooked “court ruling” on its side giving them the “right” to — without probable cause — seize and indefinitely hold any electronic device you may have when you cross the border, including the “right” to copy the entire contents of your hard drive. (1 hour 8 minutes)
• Because ABC/Disney and other major corporations don’t want their valuable properties — like Mickey Mouse — to go into the public domain, they have successfully lobbied to have copyrights extended for unconscionably long periods of time. (2 hours 5 minutes)
• With all the health information available to everyone online now, there’s no real excuse for not allowing people to medicate themselves and buy any drug without a permission slip from the medical priesthood. (2 hours 25 minutes)
Thanks to Marty, N2IRJ, you’re able to listen to the Liberty Net right now on your computer here at https://3950.net/ — or download the file and listen anytime on your mp3 player. Check in over the air, and also check out the live feed and discussion room during net times, and the additional live feed and chat room from N2SAG, that let you make an end run around jammers and a fickle ionosphere.
Join in or listen to the most exciting net on the amateur bands every Saturday night starting at 10PM Eastern Time and Wednesday nights at 9PM. And don’t forget the Survival Net Sunday evenings at 9PM!
Our thanks go to W1WCR for his hard work and courage in keeping this very important part of the amateur radio service alive for almost 40 years!
Listen: Liberty Net 1/4″]