by Kevin Strom, WB4AIO
THE LIBERTY NET is one of the most courteous nets around — not tied to one particular frequency, the net always strives to avoid interference by being frequency agile.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: The Survival Net and Midweek Liberty Net have switched their start time to 10PM Eastern Time effective immediately.Listen: Liberty Net 1/25
Here’s a small sample of some of the ideas brought up for discussion on this week’s Liberty Net:
• The continual issuance of debt-money — “quantitative easing to infinity” — has seriously inflated the stock market, and when the oligarchs are forced to slow the flow, expect the market to fall. (5 minutes)
• Some malls have been forced to set up fake storefronts so the place doesn’t look quite as abandoned as it actually is. (13 minutes)
• Wisconsin is refunding the state’s budget surplus to taxpayers in the form of income and property tax cuts. Why not do the right thing and go all the way — kick out the banksters, establish a state-owned bank, and abolish both of those taxes? (16 minutes)
• Moves are being made to abandon the dollar as the world’s reserve currency. Expect its value to fall significantly as this happens, several nations at a time. (24 minutes)
• Hybrid and electric vehicles don’t reduce emissions much, according to a new study — and battery replacement can be a killer expense, especially for low-income folks. (33 minutes)
• With massive individual non-participation in Obamacare so far, many insurance carriers themselves are deciding not to participate. (38 minutes)
• Isn’t it strange that, even with hugely increased natural gas production recently, there is a shortage which has forced some utilities to start using jet fuel instead. (47 minutes)
• Solar power is becoming so popular that in some areas, the conventional power plants can be turned off in the middle of the day. This is causing some utilities to complain that the shutdowns increase their unit costs. (52 minutes)
Thanks to Marty, N2IRJ, you’re able to listen to the Liberty Net on your computer — or download the file and listen on your portable mp3 player. And he and Al, N2SAG, operate live feeds and discussion rooms during Net times (see the links in the left column of this page) that let you make an end run around jammers and a fickle ionosphere.
Please check in with your call sign, and add your voice to the most exciting net on the amateur bands — every Saturday night, starting at 10PM Eastern Time, and Wednesday nights at the same time. (And check out the Sunday 10PM Survival Net too.) The frequency varies to avoid causing interference, but is almost always somewhere above 3950 kHz LSB, quite often on 3995 lately.
Our deepest thanks go to W1WCR for his hard work and courage in running the Liberty Net, which is now in its 40th year.Listen: Liberty Net 1/25