CONDITIONS were excellent and the longest-running discussion net on amateur radio, the Liberty Net, did itself proud once again with in-depth discussions and debate about the political, social, and economic issues that will determine the future of our civilization.Listen to or download the Liberty Net recorded August 28
Here’s a small sample of the items discussed this week on amateur radio’s most exciting net:
• A four-year-old girl was running a lemonade stand in front of her house — until the “authorities” descended upon her, shutting her down for not having the required permits, paying taxes, and filling out the requisite forms. The “officers” who participated in this outrage would have refused to obey such orders — if they had had a single molecule of integrity. (9 minutes)
• The DEA is now looking to hire nine full-time “Ebonics speakers” to translate monitored telephone calls. Salaries begin at $79,000 per year. (39 minutes)
• Government studies indicate that Blacks are far more verbose than Whites, talking almost twice as much in any given time period. (40 minutes)
• Had the cartoon character Homer Simpson been running against John McCain, it would have been morally incumbent upon Arizona voters to vote for Simpson. So why did McCain win the primary? Or did he? (47 minutes)
• Why has faux conservative Glenn Beck decided that President Andrew Jackson — possibly the greatest patriot since Jefferson, and a fervent and effective opponent of the banking oligarchs — is a bad guy? (53 minutes)
• America does need a patriotic resistance to the regime in Washington, but it’s a tragedy that oligarch Rupert Murdoch’s employee, Glenn Beck, has anything to do with it. (1 hour 15 minutes)
• The food contamination affecting eggs recently had one upside: It revealed the horrible conditions in which helpless animals are forced to live. (1 hour 17 minutes)
• Ron Paul has announced that he will again introduce a bill to audit the gold supposedly held in Fort Knox. System politiicians have always torpedoed the audit in the past — and one wonders why. (1 hour 24 minutes)
• As the economy fails — and the regime in Washington responds with ever-stricter taxes and controls — will Americans break free, as Argentinians did, by using barter and precious metal coins? (1 hour 40 minutes)
Thanks to Marty, N2IRJ, you’re able to listen to the Liberty Net right now on your computer — or download the file and listen on your portable mp3 player. And N2SAG operates a live feed and chat during Net times that lets you make an end run around jammers and a fickle ionosphere.
Join in or listen to the most exciting net on the amateur bands every Saturday night — within 10 kHz or so of 3950 SSB, starting at 10PM Eastern Time.
Our thanks go to W1WCR for his hard work and courage in keeping an important part of the amateur radio service alive since 1974!Listen to or download the Liberty Net recorded August 28